Lupron begins on Tuesday. Starting injections feels like the official start of IVF #2 (or IVF #1, Take Two). So this will be my final reflection on IVF #1 (or the IVF that never was). It's time to get pumped for #2.
I'm having a hard time getting excited for #2. When we signed up for #1 our RE told us that we had a 65% chance for success. I have to admit that I never thought we would be in the unlucky 35%. Getting canceled wasn't even a possibility in my mind. I feel so different about #2. I feel like....well, I feel like it's going to turn into a big pile of #2. I keep thinking of all the things that could go wrong. So I am just focusing on one step at a time. Right now all of my focus is on my baseline ultrasound and getting a green light for stims.
On Valentine's Day hubby and I are going out to dinner. He made a reservation at the same restaurant as the cancelled birthday dinner which followed the cancelled IVF cycle. Going to that restaurant, enjoying a good meal and a bottle of wine, feels really good, like we are exorcising the demons of #1.
Number Two here we come.