Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Grateful

Mo listed three things she was grateful for on Sunday. And I quote, "It is easy while in the doldrums of infertility to lose perspective and forget that there are many things going just fine and even better than fine, if I could only lift my head up long enough to notice."

I do gravitate toward the negative, so I going to try and have a positive day today. Here are some things in my life that are going fine or better than fine...

1. I have a husband who makes me laugh every day. We are a perfect sarcastic pair. I realize that once we become parents we will probably have to change or we will end up with a severely scarred child.

2. I really like my house. It's not the biggest. It's not the newest. It's not my "dream house", but it is more than adequate. Also, hubby drives five miles to work and I drive twelve miles to work. I love having a short commute.

3. I work for a company that does better in a down economy. I would never assume that my job is safe, but I have a little less stress than some others these days.

That's it. Thanks Mo.

9 comments:

Bluebird said...

I love the first one :) My husband and I often wondered how are scarcasm would affect our children. . . thinking back to how upset I used to get at the rest of my family, we probably would have to change my ways!

April said...

it's nice to gain perspective and remember the good things. sometimes IF just takes over everything. this is a nice list.

Diana said...

Yay!!! Happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Don't ever change. To change and become people you aren't would be more responsible for scaring a child! Just remember to teach them..sarcasm only works if those around you are whitty enough to understand it!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I am a "glass half empty" person, and it does help to take a moment to recognize all of the things that really wonderful amidst IF.

Leslie Laine said...

I, like Silya, am a "glass half empty" kind of person - thanks for this post. It reminds me of many things I need to keep in mind myself.

Liz said...

Sarcasm rocks! Kids need to learn how it is done properly.

Erica said...

Has anyone ever read the book, Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach? I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking to find peace and acceptance with their life as it is now. Megan's entry reminded me of the January 13th and 14th entries. The author talks about the importance of writing in a gratitude journal. Find five things a day to be grateful for and your outlook on life can change. I've tried it and it works. I'm just not good with follow through...

Kristin said...

this was a nice list. thanks fo reminding me how important it is to be grateful for what i do have.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin