Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Plan...Ta Da!!!

After a week and a half of sometimes not so patiently waiting, I finally have my protocol for September. I have been scouring the Internet obsessively looking for sample Estrogen Priming Protocols and have found none, so I am posting mine here for the next obsessive Googler. (Note: on 9/08 I start getting daily instructions regarding meds. Also, my doctor likes to change things after each ultrasound, so I doubt this will be the *exact* plan.)


So let's not pick apart the nice doctor's plan. I do enough of that on my own, I don't need help second guessing him.

General Impressions:

  • That's a lot of meds. With the exception of Follistim and Dexamethasone I have never taken any of these meds before. I wanted something different and I guess I got it. Anyone want to give me a side effects heads up?
  • Can you believe that I have made it all this time without an intramuscular injection? I sense that is going to change. I think those E2V shots are IM, not sure about Luveris.
  • I've already been taking Estrace for about a week. I take it twice a day and it gives me a mild to moderate headache that lasts about an hour each time I take it. Also, I am bloated to the point of being uncomfortable.

So that's it. That's the big plan.

By the way, if you haven't read it already Monica had some great insights on planning that I really related to. Definately an interesting read.

19 comments:

ME! said...

Wow. That is crazy. I hope you have medication coverage. That terrifies me!!!

Bluebird said...

Holy HELL that looks intimidating! And IM shots?? *Shvers* I admire you and will be thinking of you. It doesn't sound like fun! - but everything's crossed that it will all be worth it.

Megan said...

Actually I have a fertility medicine prescription max. This should put me over the edge. It scares me too!!!

MelissaP05 said...

Good grief that's a crazy med schedule. The things we do to get PG.... Best of luck with your new plan!

~J~ said...

Wow - looks like fun. I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before - but have definately been ready it a lot. Crossing my fingers this works for you...
I have been on femera for 5 cycles - it's not too bad. I am prone to pretty bad headaches, and I actually coped well on femera. A little nausea at times, but nothing I couldn't handle.
But whatever the side effects, it will all be worth it when this FINALLY works for you!

Monica said...

My shrink would love your PLAN, dude. ;-)

Mad Hatter said...

I am in awe. I hope it is the magic combination for you!

Paula Keller said...

Woohoo! That's awesome!

I think we'll be cycling about the same time.

And I do Estrogen Priming. Can't remember whether I've told you or not?

It goes:

Have period. Call on day 1.
Use OPK's and call when I get a positive.
Start taking Estrace. Order meds.
Call when period starts again.
Day 1 ultrasound (such fun)
Start stims on day 4.
Ultrasound day 7- whenever follies are ripe.
Ganerelix usually starts somewhere in there.

I love a plan!

Anonymous said...

Ganirelix isn't bad but it feels like you have been stung by a bee.

Follistim gives me a headache.

Femera NOTHING.

The rest I have no experience.

Good luck! How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the table :)

looks like the EV2 is a suppository maybe? that would be awesome. i didn't have any problems at all with the femara, either. :)

i love love love getting a plan!

Megan said...

You're probably right. I read supp as supplement...don't know why. But it probably is suppository. I guess I could just call the nurse and ask, but I sort it out when the meds come.

kirke said...

Estrace gave me a blinding headache. I love the chart and a plan. Plans make me feel good, it's just nice to make progress...

aimeemax said...

Thanks for posting your protocol - more info I can take to harrass my doctor if this cycle doesn't work (Plan B).

Good Luck!

areyoukiddingme said...

Living my life by a spreadsheet would make me tense, but it probably appeals to the accountant in you. Of course, given all of the various components, you will either need that or a personal assistant to remind you. Much luck.

TeeJay said...

I'm so glad you have a plan! And yes, it looks intimidating. The part that messed me up all the time was that every time I went in for bw/us, my meds changed. It's hard enough to keep it straight when it's all laid out in front of you, but then to have them change it...anyway...best of luck to you and I look forward to following along.

Kiki said...

wow! that is QUITE the plan! if this IVF doesn't work, our next protocol will be very similar to what you are getting ready to do. i'm excited to follow your journey.

Mary said...

A girl after my own heart...I love your charts. Maybe it's the accountants in us, lol.

I'm really excited for you, Megan!

Liz said...

Well if you wanted a plan you certainly got that! Best of luck.

jenicini said...

Wow, that's exciting! I haven't heard of the estrogen priming before. What is the goal with that? I ask because I had low estrogen levels during IVF 1. Thanks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin