Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas is Coming! Woo freakin' hoo!

Ahhh Christmas. Last year I was still recovering emotionally from my miscarriage and I didn’t put up the tree. This year I put the tree up before Thanksgiving, but I don’t bother turning the lights on anymore. I thought I would be spending Christmas in the middle of a two week wait after IVF…sigh. Hopefully my doctor will clear me to drink for the holidays. I find that drinking at family functions serves two purposes. First, it makes everyone, including me, much more amusing and I sleep like a dream. Second, it stops people from thinking, wondering, or asking if I am pregnant. I really miss margaritas, and wine, and even beer.

On the bright side, I have finished my Christmas shopping! I won’t see the mall again until the new year! I have been so irritable and moody today. Hopefully that means that my estrogen levels are finally starting to go down. Something is definitely going on hormonally. It is not natural to accuse your husband of intentionally finding the bumpiest roads to drive on…and then crying about it. Um yeah…he is avoiding me this afternoon.

Hubby is doing the Christmas cards. He thought it was funny to buy STL Cardinals Christmas cards this year. Joke's on him, now he has to send them out. All I have left to do is wrap gifts, which I don't mind doing.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin