Monday, November 23, 2009

The Obvious Post for This Week*

I am thankful that at this moment my marriage is strong. I am hesitant to say this because a marriage is such a fluid thing and “pride goeth before the fall” and all that. My marriage has always been strong. I am so grateful. What would the last three years have been like without a rock to lean on?

I am thankful that I am starting to come to terms with the idea of a life without children. I am even starting to find things to look forward to and enjoy in that life. I am still touched by sadness almost everyday, but the future does not look as grim as it once did.

I am thankful that I have the means to try for a baby one more time. I am still trying to muster the will, the excitement, and the hope. I am sure those things will come as plans are received, prescriptions are ordered, and tests begin. I am so grateful that I have the chance to do this again.

I am thankful that excluding my inability to conceive a child, I have an incredibly blessed life. I said this to a good friend of mine once and she told me, “Don’t qualify that statement. You have a blessed life, period.” I am still trying to get there, but in the meantime I am happy that I have a job, a family, a home, and a generally happy life.

I am thankful that Tony convinced me to get a dog. I really wanted us to be done with house pets. He was right though. We needed something to take care of and love. Right or wrong, I am obsessed with that puppy.

*Obvious if you live in the States. Thanksgiving is Thursday.

18 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hillary said...

Amen to being thankful for dogs. When you're battling infertility, there's nothing better than the unconditional love and affection exchanged both ways between us and our dogs. It's wonderful to having something to love and something(s) who love you in return.

irrationalexuberance said...

This is a lovely post and reminds me that I might consider the glass more than half empty every now and again. Have a lovely holiday!

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I try to remember these things. Sometimes it is hard on the dark days but I too am blessed.

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

It always does us good to remember our blessings - especially when life seems to be throwing us the worst. It's just so hard to do it at that time.

Amber said...

I am so glad you posted such a positive message today. I have been a little down lately about this year, so thanks! And we have 4 dogs, so I'm totally with you on how great they are! Crossing my fingers that next cycle is the one for you...

Mad Hatter said...

You are not only blessed, but you are a blessing - thank you for your kind friendship.
Love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful and moving post... we too are thankful for your words.

Kate said...

Nice post - I try to remember to be thankful for what I have, rather than focusing on what's making me unhappy. Don't know that I'm as successful as you though!

Liz said...

And be thankful that you have a holiday coming up whilst us Brits have to hang on until Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving!! thanks for the reminders about being thankful for all that we have!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. Good luck with your next cycle and happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy a peaceful weekend surrounded by people you love and doing the things that make you happy.

Kate said...

Happy thanksgiving Megan,
wishing you the very best reason not to have to qualify your good life statement. But I get what she meant, I really do.

warmly,
Kate

Bluebird said...

I am thankful for you :) Wishing you a peaceful day.

p.s. The only "people food" our dogs are technically allowed is thanksgiving dinner. They love the gravy, stuffing and mashed potatoes. I'm just sayin ;)

Monica said...

Amen. Thank you for this list of thank yous. Honest, concise, very nice. I'm with you on the doggy thanks for sure. :-)

MelissaP05 said...

Great post! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

{{HUGS}} I agree! I am thankful I found you online.

Milla said...

I'm glad to hear that things are feeling better. I'm also glad that you're both loving the dog. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin