- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to IVF?
- Has IVF ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did IVF affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after IVF?
- Did IVF cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible to cycle again?
- Did you often IVF cycle until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your IVF?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance IVF?
- Were you reluctant to use "IVF money" for normal expenditures?
- Did IVF make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever cycled longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever cycled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance IVF?
- Did IVF cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to cycle?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of IVF?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your IVF?
Most compulsive IVFers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions.
*adapted from a gambling addiction site as a (sort of) joke.