Sunday, March 1, 2009

Choose Your Attitude

Tomorrow is D-Day. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be cancelled. The lupron side effects that were so strong at the beginning of last week had waned by the end of the week. Now that I have increased my dosage of lupron over the weekend, the symptoms have not come back. It's weird to be on a lupron symptom's similar to a pregnancy symptom watch, but different.

So now I need to decide how to react to being cancelled tomorrow:

The cheerleader response:
"What a bummer. Gee it just seems like I can't get to retrieval. Let's Go Fight Win and give it another try."

The cynical response:
"So, who do I have to f*ck to get to retrieval around here?"

The Pollyanna response:
"Oh, it's OK. I'm sure we'll get everything right next time if we work together."

The angry response:
"This clinic f-ing sucks. You guys don't seem to be very good at this. I wish you'd worry a little less about cancelling cycles to save me money and worry a little more about getting me a freaking baby."

So here's the plan of attack for tomorrow.
1. Go to work and tell boss that I am taking the afternoon as vacation.
2. Go to ultrasound and get cancelled (hubby is coming along).
3. Try to get out of RE's office without laying waste verbally to the doctor or the staff in case I ever want to cycle there again.
4. Proceed to nearest bar and get really really drunk.
5. Make an appointment for a consultation at a new clinic. Hubby is pretty much done with this clinic. I am still on the fence, but I definitely think we need to talk with someone else before we move forward.

Oh yeah. Good times.


'Murgdan' said...

well. I hope you don't get cancelled. But if you do, I'd use all the responses in one sentence and then follow through with the plan...especially the bar part.

Good luck

Anonymous said...

3. Try to get out of RE's office without laying waste verbally to the doctor or the staff in case I ever want to cycle there again.

Good luck with that one...

Though I hope you are NOT canceled tomorrow!

Bluebird said...

I reeaaallly hope you're not cancelled tomorrow. But you've got a great plan in place just in case! Try to pop in here first to let us know - I'll join you at the bar ;)

GeekByMarriage said...

I do not like how this RE is jerking you around with the "one size fits all" approach.
I'll be checking up on you tomorrow and hoping that it's not canceled. Good luck!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Hoping for the best tomorrow... but if not, feel free to lay waste! Any RE who fails to monitor you after canceling the first IVF needs to be kicked to the curb.

ME! said...

I seriously hope you don't get cancelled tomorrow..but if you do- great plan. I personally like the angry response with a little cynic thrown in there for humor. :)

The bar part sounds very appealing to me! Everything is better with alcohol!!

Mrs.X said...

I hope that you get to use the response not listed here, which is "All right, we're still in the game."

But, if not, then I think your plan is a good one. I also agree that your RE needs a good swift kick, preferably to the curb.

Best of luck tomorrow, regardless of which plan must be implemented.

areyoukiddingme said...

I like the cynical response, as it seems both cynical AND ironic. But, I hope you actually get the You're-not-cancelled response from the doctor. And if you do, I'm with your hubby...find a doctor that can get you some results.

Anonymous said...

Love your plan of attack. I have found making detailed plans helps with the endless waiting (IVF is all about waiting isn't it?)

Fingers crossed for going ahead with the cycle. Glad hubby is being so supportive!

Anonymous said...


twondra said...

I'm thinking of you. I hope things work out. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I really hope you're not cancelled but if you do, as so many others have said, switching docs seems liks a good idea.

Thinking of you.

Erica said...

Oh Megan, I'm so very sorry to hear all of this! I've been away from the computer all weekend and this is not the update I wanted to hear. :( I'm hoping right now that you get good news this afternoon at the RE's office.

Switching REs may be a good option for you. My DH and I just did. Hasn't made a damn difference yet because I still don't have my goddamn period...but I'm hoping the difference will be felt eventually. I think going to the bar is also a good idea. :) Then again, I'm a functioning alcoholic...

Please keep me posted and I'm thinking of you.

Mary said...

You never know...but I would be f-ing irate if they do cancel it. And drunk as well.
Maybe hubby will tell them off (nicely)for you.
Sorry, Megan. This really sucks.

Liz said...

So, are you drunk? Or did it go ahead?

Diana said...

You continue to amaze me with your ability to be witty about these situations!
Is there another fertility clinic nearby that you can try?
Well, hopefully you won't have to.
Once you finally get your cycle completed (whether this one or the next one) I'm sure your next agonizing wait will be for your bfp. I'm sure of it.
I'll tune in later for an update. Crossing my fingers... .

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin