Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some Quick Updates

  • My US went well today. Still lots of follicles and they are growing. I may stim one more day depending on my E2 levels as there are some follicles that we still want to grow a bit. Retreival will most likely be on Sunday.
  • My RE and I had a "come to Jesus" meeting where I told him that I wanted to make sure I transferred something. I said, "I know that you think that if embryos don't make it to day five they are crap, but I don't care. I might want to put some back on day three anyway and I want to make sure I'll have that option." His solution...consecutive transfers. He wants to put back two on day three and another one or two on day five (if we have it). Then he gave me some articles which basically said that consecutive transfer might help and can't hurt. Has anyone ever done such a thing? What do you think?
  • This is one reason I've grown to love my RE. He is always so optimistic, always willing to try new things, and let's me call the shots within reason. He's a real gem.

18 comments:

finch said...

I have never heard of consecutive transfers, but the ideas seems interesting (though 4 in total seems like a lot!). It sounds like your cycle is going beautifully. Grow, grow, grow!

Anonymous said...

I think consecutive transfers sounds like an awesome plan. My doc is a big believer in 3-day transfers, so I've never had the chance to see how mine (or my donor's) would fare as blasts. I think your/your doc's idea sounds like a great one - I can't see a downside at all!

areyoukiddingme said...

I'd like to see you as the successful test case - if consecutive transfers increase your chances, I think it's a great idea. Glad to hear your RE is open to your ideas.

Anonymous said...

WOW - your doc sounds amazing. I haven't heard of consecutive transfers, but if it can't hurt go for it! Great idea. Praying you have lots of healthy eggs and an excellent nest to put them in...

gwinne said...

I've never heard of it either, but it sounds like a great plan to me.

Life Happens said...

Wow, I've never heard of consecutive transfers before! I hope it all works out!

B. said...

Consecutive transfers are news to me, too, but it sounds like a great idea... the best of both worlds. My RE transferred 5 to get me pregnant with a singleton, so transferring 3-4 doesn't sund liek too many to me. Glad everything is going well so far. Hang in there!

Kim said...

Congrat on the growth! I can't say i have heard of consecutive transfers but find it intriguing and don't think you have anything to lose!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds interesting! I've never heard of it, but I'm glad to hear your doc is open-minded and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure a transfer happens this round!

Kate said...

Never heard of it and sounds very interesting to me!
we're right on schedule and I am wishing you all the best possible things with this cycle.
thinking of you,
Kate

Michelle said...

What a great doc. I like those kind. It sounds like great news all around. YAY!

sunflowerchilde said...

I have never heard of it either, but it seems like a smart idea, and if it can't hurt I'd say go for it. Your doctor does sound awesome.

Mad Hatter said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan! He's so great to listen to you and work with you like that!
Love,
Maddy

P.S. Hey! My word verification is "ovari"!!

heartincharge said...

I love your RE too!

maxandzuzu said...

I have heard of it and I read that it may increase your odds. I've never had anything extra to transfer. My RE actually suggested it once, but then the extra didn't make it. Your RE does sound like a gem. Good luck!

T

Raven said...

I know a woman who has consecutive transfers done in Europe. She's pregnant with her 2nd child from IVF. I can put you in contact with her if you like.

JB said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck!

Amber said...

Glad to hear things are continuing to go well! I haven't heard of doing two transfers per cycle, but I can say that 3-day embryos can be good, too. Baby Drake is a result of that! :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin