Monday, May 18, 2009

Bad News, So-So News, Good News

The bad news...

It's one of those Mondays. I've given myself eleven minutes to write this post, then I am forcing myself to go to work, emphasis on force.

It's one of those Mondays. I would call in sick to work if it didn't "look bad" in my office to call in sick on a Monday or Friday. Also, I will hopefully be missing some work in the next few weeks for retrieval and transfer so it seems important to show up now.

It's one of those Mondays. I didn't sleep well because despite having every bedroom window open and overnight temperatures in the forties, I sweated through the night waking to pillows and hair drenched in sweat. Nice.

The so-so news...

Today is my last one shot day. Tomorrow I start the follistim. I'm happy to be moving on in this cycle, not happy to add more pokes to my daily routine.

Now the good news...

I only have to survive this week, which will be followed by two four day work weeks (even without retrieval and transfer).

Post written, two minutes to spare. *sigh* Off to work.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't take a sick day today :(. I would love to take a mental health day every once in a while - or everyday if I'm completely honest. Yay, for four day work weeks!

Diana said...

You scared me with the title "bad news"! Save that title for REALLY bad news, please! We are waiting with bated breath here...

Kristin said...

How is it that Mondays have this power? My sunday night blues set in bad last night, and it was all I could do to even get out of bed this morning.

Anonymous said...

you can make it :) there's a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Tara said...

UGH!!! I did the same thing last night....going from totally sweating to freezing. Gotta love lupron....

areyoukiddingme said...

I called in sick last Friday...

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to get to Memorial day weekend! And summer is finally coming to my area. Hope you can focus on the good stuff and not be too down about the shots and sweats!

Liz said...

Nine minutes and you still managed to use two colours of font. I'm impressed!

Soon, you'll get your days off soon.

Bethany Lenhart said...

I wanted to take a sick day too!

Shinejil said...

I've got everything crossed that this next phase goes well (and that the confounded hot flashes stop soon).

Anonymous said...

I hope your tuesday is better!

Caroline said...

Hang in there sweetie. I feel for you. I hope that the follistim goes well. The drugs can make you feel crazy. x

Paula Keller said...

I am right there with you sista! I can't decide if it's the three estrogen pills that I'm taking or the damn Lupron, but I have been so hot!

I thought about calling in today too, but like you I have to take two days off next week, maybe. So, I forced myself to go in.

I hope your eggs do a stellar job in the next week or so!!!

Tiger said...

You can do it I know you can :) I am praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

:( I have those days too so I understand how you feel. *hugs*

Hope tomorrow is better.

BB said...

Thank you for your wishes! I wanted to wish you good luck with your IVF cycle too. Hope it goes smoother (than your previous cycles) all the way through and turns out in to a BFP!

About your night sweats... I have had a hot flash with Follistim... I guess these meds really mess with your system!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin