Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ovaries the Size of a Baby's Head

I had an appointment on Friday. I officially have OHSS.

I really like the nurses in my office, expect one. I feel like she is bound and determined to make me cry every time I talk to her, telling me how sorry she is, how it's not fair...and on and on and on. I grew up in Iowa. I prefer we all just be professional, ignore our problems, and push those emotions down into the pit of our stomachs until we develop some sort of cancer or ulcer.

Seriously though, all I am interested in is what we are going to do next. Apparently we can't discuss that until these follicles have shrunk. I am ready...my ovaries do not hurt much, but my boobs hurt like a MF. They hurt so much I wake up at night if I roll over onto my stomach. RE said that my ovaries were the size of a baby's head, which I thought was a nice, sensitive analogy.

I am struggling with my RE. At first I hated him (he calls me "honey"), then he grew on me, but now I am struggling again. Part of it is my fault. I don't ask him enough questions, but I really don't know what to ask most times. I thought I would just do what he told me and I'd get pregnant. I guess it is time to get educated now, understand the process better and maybe I will feel more comfortable. In some ways I am hesitant to get a second opinion because I am scared I will have to do more testing which will just slow me down. On the other hand I don't want to be in this same situation in six months. Oh, what to do...

2 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Ugh, that stinks. I hope your boobs feel better! (Um, that didn't sound right.)

twondra said...

Awww, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

I hope you find comfort in your RE. It's so important to really like your doctor. Thinking of you!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin